Position Available: Quin Sea Fisheries-Plant Manager
Quin Sea Fisheries
Old Perlican, NL
Reference # TW-0003
Quin Sea Fisheries is a leading fish processing company based in Newfoundland and Labrador that for over 25 years has provided quality North American Seafood to markets around the globe. This success has been achieved through a continual investment in the business and the ability to respond and adapt to evolving customers needs and markets. Fundamental business principals of long term sustainability, the highest standards of product quality and exceptional customer service have shaped this renowned company whose value is shared by it’s fishers, employees, management team and customers.
This well-earned reputation for quality has global presence through the company’s owner, Royal Greenland, one of the leading seafood groups in the world. Steeped in over 200 years of history, Royal Greenland is a truly vertically integrated company combining a wealth of competencies, cultures knowledge and accumulated experience, bringing wild-caught, high-quality seafood from the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean to consumers around the globe. The global presence of Royal Greenland originates with it’s local proximity to access to a variety of delicious, fresh seafood and sustains thousands of workplaces in the local communities.
Joining Quin Sea Fisheries is the opportunity to transform your career. To provide leadership to an organization that is thriving in this region, with the support of a management team that is keenly committed to the operation. To open the door to an international career with a leader in the global seafood industry that utilizes the most advanced processes and technologies. Quin Sea is much more than a fish company, it is a leader in innovation where you will expand your career through demand and challenge.
Quin Sea Fisheries is currently seeking a Plant Manager with a proven track record of production and plant management experience to lead the day-to-day operation of the organization’s largest processing facility, in Old Perlican, NL.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- - Manage site performance, optimize production in relation to available raw materials, capacity, production plans, quality requirements and quality standards.
- - Deliver on key targets, follow-up on the action plans of various departments, while reviewing production flow to ensure best practices are used to achieve desired results.
- - Lead an accomplished and experienced team, ensure positive and proactive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- - Adhere and develop the plant’s values, internal strategy, and leadership, through reviewing KPI’s and coaching supervisors on employee performance.
- - Continuously audit plant activities, prepare annual capital budgets, and plan off-season work to prepare for upcoming seasons.
Success in this role requires a skilled operational leader, able to take a “hands-on” approach to work who is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence. You are able to implement new technologies, drive high quality, on-time production and provide insight and input to the entire organization when complex issues arise. Demonstrating superior communication skills, you create constructive and positive dialogue with employees, suppliers, and the local community. You thrive in a team environment and have strong leadership skills, allowing you to motivate employees through your energetic and outgoing personality.
- - Food technology or process engineering diploma or professional degree.
- - Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Plant Manager, preferably within a seafood production operation. Other combinations of education and experience may also be considered for this role.
- - Technically savvy with SAP, analysis of daily production records and KPI’s.
If you are interested to take the next step in your career with an innovative leader in the seafood industry please contact Natalie Hand or Tiffany Walsh at 709.722.5928 for more information or submit your application online at